1. Yogurt is easier to digest than milk.
2. Yogurt contributes to colon health.
3. Yogurt improves the bioavailability of other nutrients.
4. Yogurt can boost immunity.
5. Yogurt aids healing after intestinal infections.
6. Yogurt can decrease yeast infections.
7. Yogurt is a rich source of calcium.
8. Yogurt is an excellent source of protein.
9. Yogurt can lower cholesterol.10. Yogurt is a "grow food."
Yoghurt is nutritionally rich in protein, calcium, riboflavin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.It has nutritional benefits beyond those of milk. People who are moderately lactose-intolerant can consume yoghurt without ill effects, because much of the lactose in the milk precursor is converted to lactic acid by the bacterial culture.
Yoghurt may also be used in preventing antibiotic-associated diarrhea.
Yoghurt is believed to promote good gum health, possibly because of the effect of lactic acid present in yoghurt.
A study published in the International Journal of Obesity (11 January 2005) also found that the consumption of low-fat yoghurt can promote weight loss, especially due to the calcium in the yoghurt.
Main Ingredients of Frozen Yogurt
Frozen Yogurt Nutrition Facts
Calories: An ounce of frozen yogurt usually contains 25-30 calories depending on whether it is of the non fat, low fat or regular variety. A medium cone of 8 oz. has approximately 200-240 calories. More on calories in frozen yogurt.
Carbohydrates: One medium serving of 8 oz has 30-50 grams of carbohydrates.
Fats : Fat content is much lesser as compared to ice creams. Moreover, frozen yogurt made from skimmed milk is totally fat free. If made from whole milk or low fat milk, it has less than four grams of fat in a serving of 8 oz.
Proteins: There are 2-8 grams of proteins in a serving of 8 oz.
Calcium: An eight oz frozen yogurt suffices 20% to 30% of the RDA for calcium.
Copyright 2010 - Yummy-Yogurt - All Rights Reserved